Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Kinda bummed..

Ever have something you were looking forward to and it turned out not quite like you expected? Yea, I was looking forward to my big bike/training week, it's the end of winter, the weather is great and I've been looking forward to a week where I could just focus on training, sleeping and eating. Saturday starts of rather well, a solid brick workout weighing in at 3.5 hrs. Sunday was similar, but a bit longer - 4 hrs in total. The thing is, I felt awesome, bricks are notorious difficult workouts and I just plain old felt good. What a great start to my little epic week.

Sunday night roles around and I start feeling kind of funny. "oh oh.." It's now Tuesday I'm just coming out of a little 24-48hr bug that reaked havoc with my system. This has me bummed as it was only 6 weeks ago when I was sick, now I've been nailed twice in a short period. Not good. So now the priority is getting back to 'normal', eating well and getting 8+ hrs of zzz's every night.

A hearty thanks to Sally for putting up with me, I'm really a cranky sot when sick. Big hugs to my wife. :)

3 comments:

Reddog said...

Bah you'll bounce back fast!

Cheers, Reddog

AddictedToEndorphins said...

Hi!

Hope you're feeling better. A few days off is nothing! I found your blog at random. I couldn't help but notice that you are running the Mississauga Half Marathon! Have you run it before?
Hang tough, and cheer up,
Tiger

Darren said...

Hey tiger! I like your blog name. :)
Yes, I've run the Mississagua half a few times now. It's a great early season race. The only thing I'll say is get there early! With it attracting so many people now, the traffic getting to the race site is crazy.
Cheers!