Thursday, October 23, 2008

22/100, making a habit.

22/100 runs done. Target of 100 runs in 91 days still very achievable. Swimming 5 days a week. Whoa, the former 'swimmer', sure is swimming alot these days! Well, not really. I still dread going to the pool, but I'm trying to form a habit. I figure if I can keep up the swimming frequency for another 2 weeks, I'm golden.

By the sounds of it, you'd think I'm training alot. All untrue. My swims are quick in/out affairs lasting 30 to 40 min - just enough time for a quick 2k and I'm outta there. And my runs, well they are all short, averaging 40 minutes each, which in all total is a mere 8 to 9 aerobic hours a week. Two goals are being accomplished here: consistency and frequency.

So I finally got off my duff and registered as an unattched swimmer for Masters Swimming. My first swim meet in 21 years is November 16. Should be interesting. I really hope I've been able to talk some other tri-nerds into going, it'll be a hoot.

A quick congrats to two of my sometimes training partners who ran the Toronto marathon last weekend. Cliff, who not only PB'd, he also beat his goal time (by 6min) AND negative split that sucker. Impressive. Aaron, who missed a PB by a mere 1min and 7 sec, but also somehow managed to raise (how many thousands of dollars for the Princess Margaret Hospital?) By hanging out with people who raise the bar and push their limits encourages me to do the same.

Gotta run.. #23 is next.
Cheers!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Who negative splits a marathon? That shows extreme discipline, fitness and knowing your limits. And a personal best at the same time. Negative split and a personal best...hmmm, I have read that somewhere before. Well done Cliff!
Why do my 2k swims take me an hour?
Hutch

Aaron said...

Quite the off-season you've got going on here. Then again, I've seen you in "prime time". Why do you have couches if you never use them?

AddictedToEndorphins said...

I am amazed that you can call your swimming 'a quick 2k'. Ha.
Great job so far on the running. Sounds fun

Reddog said...

Enuff "Waaagh"!!!

Where is the update!?!

ArrrOOOooo!