Monday, July 03, 2006

Zoinks!

Sorry for the lack of updates, between training, getting stuck in computer hell, bike tweaking, company & Canada Day celebrations - the ol'blog took a backseat for a few days. Let's get caught up, shall we?
Friday- an easy day. Did 11k trail run (in the rain) and a 1 hour easy spin session.
Saturday - bike 180k. Felt good for the first 5 hours, the last hour sucked, had some minor nausea and bloating, just enough to tick me off. I'm starting to think that my tummy issues are heat related, it would appear the correlation is heat + sun = nausea. I can defineately say it's not because I'm going too hard because this ride was slower than last week's and I had no problems last week. I'm getting closer to nailing down the culprit..
Sunday: run 28.5k. Legs bounced back from Saturday's ride reasonably well.
Today: OFF! A dogger-day.

Monthy total for June:
Run: 214.5k
Bike: 811k
Spin: 9 hours
Swim: 31k
Dryland: 5 hrs
Not a bad month, there was 2 easy weeks in June, so all things considered, I'm happy with the totals. I equate the spinning time to a 32k/hr road pace, which is probably a little low - but I try to err on the side of caution. So 9 hours of spinning is roughly 288k, for a monthly equivalent of 1100k. I still need more time on the bike- but somehow I think 'I could always be doing more.'

Weekly total and weigh in:
Run:75k
Bike: 180k
Spin: 6 hrs
Swim: 2k
Dryland: 2hrs
Weight: 159
The legs did some good work last week. Met my run goal, came in a little shy on the bike, did the equivalent of 372k, wanted 400k. I blame the constant thundershowers we had last week. Swim was a wash, but there wasn't much I do about that, the pool was closed for the majority of last week.

Hmm.. what else to report.. ahh right, the plan for this week. Hopefully this week I can some decent swim time, give the legs a bit of break and then do the Peterborough Half Ironman on Sunday.
And now.. your are up-to-date. Cheers.

1 comment:

Reddog said...

Yep you is a dogger bro!


ArrOOoo!