Monday, March 24, 2008

Wanna bet?

So I bet a guy work 100 bucks that he couldn't quit smoking. He looked me in eye, took up the challenge and shook my hand. I figure it's a win a win, if he successfully quits he wins large, society wins (perhaps one less future cancer patient), and I win because sometimes I just liking sticking it to the man. Actually, not bad value for 100 bucks.
Unfortuneately, I 'won'. A sour victory. Maybe he'll go double or nothing..

Training wise, things are going well. Here's the breakdown from last week:
Swim 5.8k
Bike: 7 hrs
Run: 55k

The swim story for the week occured on Wednesday. I was mixing it up a bit with a 2(3X300 IM) set. For the butterfly portion, I'd do 3 left arm strokes, 3 right arm and 3 full strokes. Actually my butterfly is pretty decent, for about 25m. Anything more than that, well let's just say it isn't pretty. Anyway, the curious thing about doing IM sets, at least for me, is that my freestyle always feels amazing and I'm not entirely sure why. Must have to do with muscle firing patterns and the such, try it out sometime and let me know if you experience the same thing.

Also swim related. Here's a Youtube video of the Men's 100m freestyle world record being broken - all I'll say, I never heard of the guy and he's huge. I'm not saying, I'm just saying. I think that WR beats my 20 year old PR by about 7 seconds, which may not sound like much, but trust me - it's huge!

Bike story for the week. Pretty uneventful, not even close to getting the bike outside yet. Averaged 243 watts for an IMLP bike loop.

Run story. Umm, kinda boring here too. Did some travelling to visit Mrs. Inlaw, so a had a bit of difficulty getting the extra K's that I wanted. Made up for it a bit by logging back to back 17k'ers on Sat and Sun.

Looking forward. A heavy week is planned, I have some time off work, just gonna put around the house and train. Stu and Aaron are coming up next Saturday for the Alton leg frier. An a.m. swim following by a bike LT test and then we'll do some run hill repeats just for the heck of it.

Cheers!

1 comment:

Aaron said...

Actually I am sadly, officially, 100% "out" for Saturday. Hockey ceremony at 9 a.m., "new" (actually forgotten) dentist appointment at noon and charity dinner in the evening. I'm definitely in for next time.