Monday, April 07, 2008

New sheriff in town..

and her name is Chrissie Wellington. Three Ironman starts, 3 wins (!) including a little thing called the World Championships in Kona. (!!) Any doubters that thought she was just a flash in the pan, put those thoughts aside.. this is the real McCoy. Just check her splits from Sunday's Ironman Australia race:
swim: 53:27
bike: 5:08:34
run: 3:01:53
Beautiful. There is no weakness. Total race time was 9:03:55 (!!) and obviously won the woman's side of things, but get this, she was also 9th overall, just 8 pro men could beat her. Incredible.

Back to reality..

Last week was my 4th consecutive week of good training and thus my reward for the coming days could be defined as 'slacker'. Yup, gonna just focus on slacking, resting and catching up on other stuff. A week off now, will defineately help keep me fresh for later and help avoid any burn out. I don't want to slack, but I know it's for the best and so it shall be.
Some numbers for last week:
swim: 9.5k
bike: 6 hrs
run: 62k

A couple of highlights: 1) my swim feels great! It's finally back, took almost 3 months, but it finally feels 'right'. My workout last Wed was:
2(400fr, 100bk)
10X100m fr, on 1:30. (1:19's and 1:20's)
100 easy
10X100IM on 1:45 (1:30's)
100 easy
2(3X100 pull, kick, swim drills)
Total:3.8k
The workout was so good, I repeated it again on Friday and dropped my 10X100m free another second. Yay. Still operating above threshold, but didn't care, it just felt good.

Highlight number 2! Saturday, averaged 247w for the Ergvideo Lake Placid loop. Later Cliff came over and wanted to do an LT test on the Computrainer. I think he experienced a new level of pain. Put it to you this way, his *new* LT is almost 10 beats higher than his old level and I even saw his heartrate hit 190(!) towards the end of the test.. yea, the guy is apparently part humming bird or something.
Clearly, that wasn't enough for 1 day, so we went and did some run hill repeats afterwards. I wonder if I'll ever see him again..

Have a great week!

2 comments:

Aaron said...

Nice, very nice. Back in town myself, from the semi-unplanned "down week". Getting back into the groove this week - looking to put some serious miles on the wheels. If the weather stays nice, let's hit the roads, yes?

Crackhead said...

Nice work, dude! And slacking is good, too...