Sunday, January 14, 2007

Weekend update

It's interesting to see how other people approach training. I keep an eye out on follow bloggers, visit many forums, websites and pro's blogs all in effort to garner as much information as possible and make an informed decision on what is good for me. The bottom line is there is no one definite clear answer that works for everyone. Some people speed train all year around, some 'periodize', some do huge amounts of base training and little else. Regardless of what works for you, one thing is clear, you have to log the miles. Which is kind of a nice segui into the this week's mileage report:

Swim: 2.1k
Bike/spin: 6hr 45min
Run: 84.5k
Weight: 161 (dropped 2 pounds!)

I guess the big news is that I went for my first swim - just did some basic drill stuff and took it easy. While at the pool, I was chatting with the lifeguard and as it turns out, Lisa Bentley regularly swims there. Yes, THAT Lisa Bentley. So not oly does the pool have a maximum of 4 swimmers for the entire pool during adult swim, a 10 time IronWoman champion also trains there. -Yup, I'm liking my new pool.

I guess most other news for the week pales in comparison. I ditched one run, so only got 5 runs in on the week, but gained 75 minutes of bike time and a pool workout. Fair trade I'd say.

I'm going to back off a bit this week, cut the running mileage down to ~50k, swim twice and bike maybe 4.5 -5 hrs - depends how I feel. I have TWO very easy days this week. Wacky stuff. The point of this week is rest up for the following week, which will be my first bike focused week.
That's it for now.. Cheers!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Cliff said...

oh spam.

Darren, is it the local ppool u mention a while back? I envy you.

I heard Lisa Bentley do ride around your area. We will see if we can see her sometimes..

Once training starts, i notice my weight drop as well.

Reddog said...

Get Bentley!!! Cool! Hey how goes the compu trainer training?!?

ArrOOooo, Reddog

Mike said...

Darren,
I like the "ONLY got 5 runs in on the week" comment- most people don't get out there that often!

Congrats on the computrainer purchase- definitely some fun to be had there. Now you can climb Richter Pass everyday if you like!