Monday, December 18, 2006

Monday weigh in

Picture this. It's December 17th (yesterday), one hour north of Toronto, a mere 4 days before the official start of winter... it's a gorgeous sunny day with temperature just shy of 10C. If that's not shorts weather I don't what is. Yup, smart money says it'll be a green Christmas. The 'angel' on the right shoulder says "global warming = bad!" The 'devil' on the left shoulder says "get outside and enjoy that global warming!" I kinda feel guilty for running shorts in the second half of December.

The tally for last week:
Run: 87.5 k
Spin: 5 hrs
Weight: 163
Met my goals for the week - all is good. This week I'm thinking of giving myself a Christmas present - a running mileage PR. Yup, going for triple digits next week and maintain the same amount of time on the bike. I figure go for 100 running K's next week, then take the last week of the year real easy, with January 2/07 bringing in a new training phase. So there ya have it. Cheers!

2 comments:

Reddog said...

Wowsers. Way too much mail at work 2day.

A nice welcome back for a sore back eh?

Too tired to run.

Nappin.

Slater, ArrOOoo, Reddog

Mike said...

Darren,
Strange weather all around with this whole global warming thing eh? Not good!
buuut, if it's sunny, definitely get out there in the shorts!
Nice that you are keeping up the cycling hours with the running. I know I will have a rude awakening in the cycling dept. here real soon! I'm getting in zero hours!