Friday, December 01, 2006

Monthly mileage report

Well I guess shorts weather is officially over. The mild spell officially left us yesterday and while our weather is not as bad as those poor folks on the west coast, it has turned to a mixed bag of freezing rain, rain and sleet. Oh joy. Fortuneately, I've lucked out as this is my easy week and I can blow off a run workout without feeling too much guilt. However, the cost of missing a run equals increased spinning time, so it's not like I'm being a total lazy ass. So, here's the numbers November:
Run: 310k
Spin: 8 hrs
A gold star to me for busting the 300k in November. I really hope I can maintain a few more months of solid mileage and that I'll live up to my vow of actually trying to becoming a runner.
The running plan for December, starting Monday (rest day), is to do a 3 week build followed by a week of rest. So I'm putting my order in for some decent weather for December now. As for cycling/spinning, the plan is to increase frequency. I'll be starting to do alot more double workout days of 1) running as soon as I get home for work and 2) spinning for an hour later in the day. That's the plan.
This weekend, the low pressure system bringing us this slew of wet weather is moving out, so Sat/Sun is shaping up to be OK. I'm going to run for an hour tomorrow and run for 1:30 or so Sunday. Then it's officially bye-bye easy week.

Lastly, a thanks to Mark. I've pretty much let everyone know that I've been lusting after a Computrainer, and Mark was kind enough to point out a Slowtwitch post that I actually missed! That simple act of kindness of emailing could save me a quite few bucks and it certainly is appreciated. Just goes show you, us tri-wienies watch each others back!
Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

Cliff said...

Darren,

310 k is a nice number. Did you plan this from the start or u focus on more volume (ie let's run as much as possible and see how much distnace i can cover).

I have been laying my running gears in the front door. The sec i get home, change and head out. Usually 30-40 min. I am starting to add in some double runs. Great to just go and pound the pavement.

I hope you get that computrainer.

Darren said...

Hi Cliff,
Not really focusing on volume - more on frequency. Tues-Fri- 40 to 70 minutes a day. Sat/Sun: generally 1:15-2:00 hrs.

I find it's good to get into a routine - like you, I get home from work, put on the running gear and just go. Don't think about it - just run. Next thing you know, it's habit.