Friday, February 29, 2008

Buh-Bye ... February

So I'm watching the live video of Ironman New Zealand and I figure it's a good time to do a quick update. The live internet coverage is particularly good, lots of helicoptor shots, good tunes and a number of different camera shots. It's getting me pumped. The one thing I find odd is watching the folks in T1 walking their tricked out P3C's to the bike mount line. All the money spent on a tricked out bike and it's being walked.. /boggle.

Fortuitous timing... I just saw the oldest woman in the race RUN her bike through T1. Awesome!

Had a bad ass swim today. Honestly, I don't deserve it, as I'm a swim-slacker, but my stroke hasn't felt this good in a looong time. It would seem the swim gods are smiling on me.

Some Feb stats: (last year in brackets)
Swim: 22.9k (19k)
Bike: 24 hrs (25.5)
Run: 200k (104)

This week has been very light. Just one workout a day, with the longest being a mere 1:15. The previous 3 weeks were pretty good, so it was defineately time for a slacker week. I also like to time my 'easy' weeks with a race, so it sort of turns into a mini taper.
I'm racing on Sunday, that's the good news. The bad news... some plantar faciitis issues on my right foot reared it's head yesterday. I'm pretty sure the culprit is the ice cleats I wear at work. So now the question is do I increase the chance of falling and take off the cleats? For now, the cleats are off, I just can't go around trashing my PF. With March all but here, hopefully this will all be moot in short order. February, you sucked.

The plan for Sunday. Hold 4min/k for as long as possible and eek out a PB. Pretty simple. Have a great weekend!
Cheers

No comments: