Monday, February 11, 2008

Would ya?

This weeks post ties in nicely with last week's post about sacrifice. You see, I had last week and I have this week off work. When people know you are going on vacation, invariably the question asked is 'where are you going?' This time my answer was 'umm, no where, just gonna hang out and train.' Oh sure, like that doesn't get the odd look or two.

In reality, I'm very content being a homebody, farting around the house, hanging with my pooches and structuring a week around training. OCD, endorphin addicted - whatever. I just plain ol enjoy it. So I guess most would think I'm sacrificing two weeks vacation to train. Personally, I don't think it's a sacrifice at all, you do what you enjoy and I enjoy training. So here's last week log:

Mon: run 8k am, spin 1hr pm.
Tue: swim 2k am, run 10k lunch, spin 1 hr pm
Wed: run 11k am, sp 1 hr pm
Thur: sp 1.25 hr am (hills, hard workout), run 10 pm
Fri: swim 2.1 am, run 8k lunch, spin .75 hr pm
Sat: spin 2.5 hr (Ergvideo Lake Placid loop)
Sun: ditch long run and spin 2.5 hr (Lake Placid loop -again)

Total:
Swim 4.1k
Bike 10+hrs
Run 47k

Not a super epic week by any means.. but a very solid effort that won't leave me so trashed that I can't do something similiar this week. Some notes: swam 2 times! Stroke feels good, probably need about 8 weeks to really get back in the groove. Tues and Fri were three sport days, if I didn't have to work, I'd do these much more often. Sat: averaged 221 watts for the LP bike route. Felt great for 2 hours, but anyone who has done the route, knows it's the last 30 minutes that's tough. Sat in zone 1 for 2 hours, moved to mid Z2 for last 30 min. Sun: crappy weather, so bailed on the run and did Sat's ride - again. Did the exact same ride and felt even better. Going to bump up the wattage next time I do that ride.

In closing..

Must be a triathlete-only church:

1 comment:

Cliff said...

Darren,

Smart man to ditch the long run on Sun. The weather is rediculous.

Sutrprise that u keep running despite the snow coming down :)

U must feel like a pro for the week :D