Friday, May 02, 2008

On top of the hill..

I think this is the only day when you can officially say you are on TOP of the hill. I'm not going up the hill, nor down. I'm TDC. (top dead centre) Got it figured out yet? It has to do with aging up...
BINGO!
Turned the big 4-0 today.

So besides peace, harmony and respect for all living things, what do I want? Ug, hate the word want. Nevermind, topic for another day... what would like?
I'd like a PB..
and to officially belong to the brotherhood of dorks.
This weekend, ONE of these is all but gauranteed. Go ahead, guess which one!

In other news..
Just got back from a great set at the pool, which is sort of amazing because my Wednesday's swim was pretty poopy. Today was a 1k warmup, 10X100m FR on 1:30 and 10X100IM on 1:45. At the end of 3k+ swimming I had the bright idea to swim a flat-out 100m just for the hell of it. It's been 20 years, so why not? I was the only one in the pool, the lifeguard timed me and I limped in on a 1:04. Lost pretty much .5 of a second every year for 20 years. On the other hand, if I was rested and not too pooched from the previous work out, I might have been able to get that sucker under a minute.
Now I just have to find a triathlon with a 100m swim....

Cheers!

4 comments:

Aaron said...

Yes! Finally out of my age group! World domination is now mine!

Happy b-day!

Reddog said...

ARROOOOO!

Happy Effin Birthday OLD MAN!

You finally got into my club!!

OUCH on the finger. I have done it twice. Once separating burgers with a steak knife and twice cutting potatoes!!!

Good luck on your race, go out and GIVE ER!!!!

ArrOOoo!

Cliff said...

Happy b-day old man :)

I wish when I am your age, I am just as fast =D

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Man,caught your sub 40(10k) upon turning 40,poetic and impressive!!! Rehab_Man