Monday, November 27, 2006

Monday weigh in

So... how about that weather? Whenever it's nice like it has been for the last few days, I always feel I have to go out and run because I know the nice weather isn't going to last forever - so I better bank a few extra K's when I can. That being said, even though today was a damned fine day, it was a scheduled off day. Sometimes it's difficult to force myself to take a day off - but it must be done.
Last week was a good week:
Run: 85k
Spin: 2 hours
Weight: 164
Add my usual 2 hours of stretching and core work and November's mileage is shaping up rather nicely. The last 4 weeks of run totals look like this: 75k, 77k, 80k and 85k. A very gradual increase in mileage and I'm feeling great. I'm happy I'm comfortably over the 80k/week mileage mark and the body seems to be soaking up the miles without any problems. So, since it did what I wanted, it's time to reward it with an easy week. The plan for this week is to run no more than 50k and spin 3 hours.

QOTD:
"Whatever you are, be a good one." - Abraham Lincoln

1 comment:

Mike said...

Hey Darren,
What's up with your weather? Send it my way! Seriously, hope you get a few more days of the good stuff. Nice numbers there with the running! I need to balance out my running with some cycling, etc as you have done.

Also, thanks for the link on Bjorn- a v02 max of 90!?!? He's superman!