Monday, November 20, 2006

Monday weigh in

I've pretty much slid back into a workout routine, which is good. I find whenever I start to train, there is about a 6 week time frame that goes from "ug, I don't want to do this" to "hmmmm, I want to more." I've past the 6 week hump, so now it's a question of finding an early season balance of pushing a bit more and getting lots of rest.

The running is coming along. Last week I did 80k, which is OK because I'm keeping my longest run to only 1:30 -1:45. Yesterday, I capped off a 13 day in a row run-fest with an 18k'er. I actually dusted off my Garmin and verified my pace, speed and distance. Here's the low down: 18k in 1:33 for a 5:10/km pace and an average heartrate of 143. On one hand I'm happy I can run 5 minute K's with a low heartrate, on the other hand I ask myself why can't I run that fast for the marathon portion of an Ironman? I know, I know.. I need a bigger aerobic engine and running a marathon after you've biked 180k and swam 3.8k is an entirely different animal. But I find running at this pace so easy in training and so frikin hard during an IM.

I'm currently lusting after a computrainer. I've done some minor modifications to the 'boy cave' and I could set one up quite nicely. Now it's just a matter of selling it to Sally (I need this..) and finding a good deal on the used market. This year I've logged about 120 hours on the bike trainer, so I think a computrainer would add some much needed fun to spinning. Hey, it's fun and it's functional! Sally, you're reading this, right? :)

To recap the week:
Run: 80k
Spin: 1 hr
Weight: 164.
Plus my usual 2 hours per week of stretching and core work. That's all for now, happy Monday everyone!

No comments: