Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Tardy mileage report, hike-n-run

Hey!
Sorry for the delay, I usually post my mileage reports on Monday, but life got in the way. Hey, it happens.
Last weeks mileage was 77 running K's and 1 hour of spinning. The high point of the week came on Sunday when a good friend of mine made the journey north and we hiked/ran a 24k section of the Bruce Trail. It wasn't the length of the run that made it challenging, it was the elevation. After 24k and a couple of thousand feet of elevation, we were pooched. A good tired though - at least in my mind.. I've yet to hear from Ian, perhaps he's avoiding me now! :)

I had Monday off work and it was a scheduled off day. However, since I didn't have to walk my regular 9-10k on the beat (I'm a letter carrier) and my legs were actually feeling pretty good from Sunday. I went for a short recovery run of 7.5k. Yesterday was 12.5k on the road and today was 12+k on the trails.

This latest running block is going to consist of 13 days of running in a row - I may not be logging huge K's but at least I'm adapting to running frequency. I believe the main reasons why I'm adapting well to the increased frequency is 1) 50% or more of my runs have been on trails. 2) average heartrate has consistently been 140-142. So, by keeping the impact and the intensity low, getting 8+hrs of zzzz's a night = good recovery.
4 days to go....
Cheers!

No comments: