Sunday, November 05, 2006

Weekly mileage report, Lance, 10 Ironmans in 10 days.

If October was a 4/10 on the workout scale of difficulty, November will be a 5/10. My motto is 'just run'. Get home from work, peel off the work clothes, immediately put on my run gear and head out the door. I was able to do that all week and logged 75k, of which 80% was done on trails. Throw in an hour on the spinner and the week is done. I feel good, I feel healthy.

Tomorrow is a scheduled off day, but the weather is looking very nice, so I may make Tuesday an off day. If I run Monday, that will 8 consecutive days of running - for me, a milestone of sorts. Either way, some very easy workouts are in the schedule for the week ahead.

The Sunday morning running crew met up this morning, this time we ran in Heart Lake park. Dana, who has plantar faciitis, wasn't able to run with us, so she mountain biked instead and was our support crew. Good on her. Next weekend could be fun, something a little more epic is in the works - a trail run/hike - nothing too crazy, a good 25 or 30k jaunt near Hockley Valley or a point A to point B run is on the works. As usual, email me for details..

I see Lance did a sub 3 hour marathon in New York City. Good on him. He sure does raise the 'event profile'. It's good for Lance, his charities and in this case, marathon running. However it does take away from the real marathoners - all the sports casters are worried about is how Lance is doing or following the 'Lance cam'. Oh yea, and the winner was..... umm, you get my drift.
I'd still love to see him do an Ironman though..

Now a moment for the truely insane.. Starting tomorrow, there is an event down in Mexico that is known as 'The Deca'. Participants have the option of competing in 2 Ironman Triathlons in two days, all the way up to the gargantuan, incredibly insane 10 Ironmans in 10 days. That's not a misprint. You know what? I'm just going to leave it at that, I don't know what to say. Oh yea! I almost forgot, it's a closed loop course and each bike portion is 93(!) laps and each run portion is a mere 22 laps.
I'm getting dizzy..

1 comment:

Mike said...

Darren..nice to see the jump in mileage-Keep it rolling!
Re: Lance, great that he gets the charity thing rolling but come'on, celebrity pacers!?! Alberto, Joan Benoit? But..i agree, would like to see him do an IM.
Ironman is wacky enough..those Deca'mans are just NUTS!!