Friday, November 24, 2006

Sunny happy Friday

Not a heck of alot to report, except that today was absolutely beautiful. To commemorate such a great day I went for a run - in my shorts. Yes, it's November 24 in Canada and it's shorts weather. To cap it off, this weekend is looking even better. Hopefully I'll get some extra running K's in. The week so far:
Mon: off
Tues: run 7.5k spin 1 hour
Wed: run 13.5k
Thur: run 12k, spin 1 hour
Fri: run 14.5k

I'm keeping all my run heartrate efforts in the low 140's. The one thing I've noticed, is that's more difficult to maintain a 140 heartrate on the bike. Aerobically it's no big deal, but the cycling legs just aren't there. So typically, I'm averaging 5 beats less while spinning.

There is a Computrainer on Ebay that's going for 1200 bucks. I talked it over she-who-must-obeyed (Sally) and we figure if used ones are selling that high, might as well get a new one. So I'm working the finances and with any luck I'll score one by Christmas. Yay! I'm excited at the prospect of getting a new toy. I'm such a kid.
Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

Cliff said...

Darren,

I notice there is a delay on HR readout when cycling. I am guessing that's why ppl uses wattage instead of HR. It is more up to date and accurate.

I also notice that my HR can jump by 5 beats without noticing a change on intensity.

New toy is awlays good ;)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.