Friday, September 29, 2006

Yup, it's true. I did two runs this week. Count'em 1... 2. I know that doesn't sound significant, but it is. The main reason being I've never started training for 'next season' so early. But I crave to train and taking a full month off after IMC was great, however I'm looking to start getting back into the grind. I'm not talking 25 hour weeks or anything - just a slow methodical return to insanity.

Earlier this week I put a couple of feelers out to guage interest for a run club. Very casual, no-one gets dropped type of stuff. I got some positive responses, so I figured what the hell, let's do it. We'll be doing runs around Caledon and Brampton, probably on Sunday mornings. For some people, it will be their 'long run', for others it will be a recovery run. The point of the run, is just to get out there, help each other out, have fun and to mix up training a bit. Email me for more information.

I'm off work next week - so I set the very realistic goal of running 3 times. The insanity! Have a fantastic weekend.. cheers!

2 comments:

Cliff said...

Are you going to take us to McLaren? :)

Mike said...

Running 3 times!?! That is crazy talk Darren..don't hurt yourself! ;-)

Seriously, hope the running is coming around...i have found that my aerobic pace is about 1:30/mile slower right now then it was at a certain HR vs. what I was running a month ago...not so good!! Time to get back it...for the both of us!