Monday, July 23, 2007

Tough day at the office..

Just a quickie!
I'm back. All is good. Here's a really short race report..

swim: highpoint: made goal time. lowpoint: lost my goggles halfway through. Swimming without them was tough on the eyes.
bike: highpoint: 1st loop doing 'Keane descent' at 80kph. lowpoint: really backing off 2nd loop due to nausea.
run: highpoint: I ran the whole thing except for 100 yards.
lowpoint: puking at 20miles, walking 100 yards and puking again.

A great report for those who like em short and sweet, give me a day or two for the full version. Cheers guys!

4 comments:

Born To Endure said...

Congrats!! So glad you had a fast race and it was so nice to finally meet you in person!!

Cliff said...

Darren,

I believe u had a PR on this course. Excellent. My front deraileur was busted. I wish I could have gone down at 80 kph plus :)

Look forward on hearing your report.

Reddog said...

Way to go bro bro (not the puking thing ;) The finishing thing and the time thing!

ArrOOoo!

Mike said...

Darren,

Sorry to hear about the tough day out there! Hoping you are recovering well...definitely interested in what happened / caused the nausea out there.