Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Lucky Rocketship Underpants

You got yours? I wish I could say I have mine. Rocketship underpants would be *awesome*. Or even cooler - lucky rocketship cycling shorts! Heck, I'd love a lucky rocketship running hat - that'd be cool. If you can find me either one of those, I'd pay large for it.
So, where does the phrase ' lucky rocketship underpants' come from? It's pretty easy, I'm sure someone will post the answer in the comments section.

Taper has gone well. Since the last update I rode for 2 hrs on Sun, swam 1.7k on Monday and went for a 7.5k run today. It was really difficult keeping my effort in check today - the legs were just begging to go. Tomorrow I'll ride for an hour, pack and other than that just concentrate on staying off my feet. Thursday is up bright and early and is travel day.

It's still early, but the weather is looking..umm.. perfect? Cloudy with a high in the 70's. Dare I hope?

Not sure if I'll get to update between now and post race, if not on Sunday goto Ironmanlive
type in my race number (1006), check my progress and send a positive vibe or two. I know at some point I'll need them!

Don't forget to post a finishing time mentioned in the last post. Hey, who knows? You may just score some unbelievable loot! Official IMLP socks - pretty damned sweet.

Cheers!

8 comments:

Cliff said...

Dude,

give u a shout tomorrow.....will see u in Lake Placid.

Reddog said...

Does it count if I got a rocketship in my... uh nevermind.

ArrOOoo!

Anonymous said...

From Doug
Hey Darren good luck in Placid
Just a last minute tip on good form
Don't forget to grimace / sneer like a pro.It doesn't make you go faster but man it looks way cool.
As for my prediction on finishing time I'll say 10:29 but don't be afraid to make look bad and go faster. Enjoy yourself.
Doug out

Anonymous said...

Hey Bro,
This tough! My heart says you are gonna blow ur PB away. I think you are gonna be much closer to the magic 10 hour point this year, and weather looks good. So I'm going with 10:20 and wishing you good luck and no flat tires. Mom and I with you 100%

Love,
Dad

Mike said...

Darren,
You've definitely done the work this year. Now go out there and destroy your current IM PR!!

Have an awesome race- looking forward to your race report!

AddictedToEndorphins said...

GOOD LUCK AND HAVE FUN!!!!!!!!!!
cant wait to read the report

Mike said...

Darren,

Saw that you had a tough second 13.1 on the marathon so hats off on toughing it out and still finishing with a VERY SOLID time out there!

TriBoomer a.k.a. Brian said...

Congraulations on completing IM USA. I was following you, Kona Shelley, and your friends online all day. Woot!

Stay tuned...