Tuesday, October 24, 2006

The holy grail, run club inaguaral run

The holy grail of Ironman racing came and went on Saturday. The live web coverage from Kona was fantastic this year. Full screen, picture in picture, decent commentary, all in all it was very well done. I got back from my run and the swim was already about 20 minutes underway, needless to say, with coverage that good, the rest of my day was largely spent in front of the computer. Of the many highlights, I rather enjoyed watching Caledon's Lisa Bentley run her way from 11th to 3rd, damn that girl can run. Good stuff.

The inaguaral run of the Sunday morning 'run club' took place in rather medicore weather. (sidebar: ok, what is with our weather?? - six weeks of crap and counting..) It was a great social run, it really helps to run with other people, try different routes and run for the sake of the enjoyment and not worrying about 'training'. The next run is scheduled for Nov 5.

My own running schedule since the last update looks like this:
Fri: off, Sat: run 1:10, Sun run 1:20, Mon: run 1hr Tues: run 1hr. Nice, easy, slow paced runs.
That's all for now. Cheers.

3 comments:

Mike said...

Darren,

Glad to see you are getting out there regularly and keeping it real (aerobic)!
I'm doing the aerobic shuffle myself- keep it rolling and stay warm out there!

Anonymous said...

Hi...I think your run club is in the brampton area. Just wondering where and when you meet and if it is open to the public. Maybe you could add a section in your blog.
Thanks
AW

Darren said...

Hi anon,
Just drop me an email and I'll add you to the list.(hit the Email me link to the left). Locations, times and directions are done through email. I look forward hearing from you. Cheers,
Darren