Friday, October 13, 2006

Re working site & good news.

Hey all, happy Friday. A few things to touch base on. Number 1, I'm starting to re-do the site for 2007. If you haven't noticed yet, '07 will be a charity fundraising year. This year's recipient is POGO -a charity designed for helping children with cancer. Don't worry, I won't hound you, for donations, I really hate doing that... well I may umm.. gently remind you to throw a couple bucks towards the kids. But that's it - I promise. This blog will still be triathlon / triathlon training focused.

I got some good news in regards to fundraising. My boss at work is 100 percent behind the initiative. We did some brainstorming and thought that regular 50/50 draws and the occasional gift basket draw might be a good way to go. I mentioned this to Sally and she said 'hey, I could do one too'. Talk about the snowball effect. I believe most people want to get involved in one way or another - sometimes all it takes is a little spark.

In regards to training. I'm officially in a 'loose training phase'. The primary goal during the next few months is to bring up the running mileage/frequency. The only other 'soft' goal is to spin twice a week during this period. This is not structured, if I feel like taking a couple days off, then so be it.

This week I ran 5 times for a total of ~40k. Distances are approximate because I'm not using my gps and my all running this week was done on trails. See? Nice easy, 'loose' training. Oh yea, I also got on my bike for the first time since IMC. I spun for an hour, which actually felt pretty good. Cheers!

1 comment:

Reddog said...

Spinning twice and running 4 times!!!

That is SOME break!

ArrOOoo, Reddog