Friday, February 10, 2006

Computer hell..

You have to be a obsessive when training for an Ironman. I mean most anyone who wants to do an Ironman, can do Ironman. You train, you learn, you train some more then simply do the race. You're more concerned with finishing then competing for time or a Kona slot.
Then there is another category Ironman athletes who train to do the race to the very best of their abilities. The obsessed. They make plans, training schedules, tweak their diets, race strategize and are constantly balancing work/training and life. I already have a strategy for a race that's over 6 months away. Ok, so I obsess. But I think obsession is only detrimental if it starts to influence other areas in your life in a negative manner. So a balance must always be struck.
I only got to thinking of this because I'm troubling shooting some computer problems and those same obsessive qualities crop up. I simply must figure this problem out and I won't let go until it's fixed. See the similarities?
Right now I'm taking a break from my computer hell and updating my blog - so I guess I'll get back on topic. Today I ran 10.5k, it felt strong.
The weekend brings a 17k run tomorrow and a 2hr spin session on Sunday. The spin session could be interesting - we are having company over on Saturday night. Enough said.
Have a great weekend - I'm heading back to computer hell for a bit...

2 comments:

Cliff said...

All computer problems can be solve by a hammer. I have this comp at work that will not connect to the windows workgroup. I have reformat, change NIC, change cable, change router. It will not work.

The weird part is that it can connect to the router and access internet. Irony at its best.

Darren said...

Hey Cliff. That sounds like a frustrating one. I'm thinking the hammer might be a good idea, or perhaps you should upgrade...
to a sledgehammer, Ver 2.0 of course.
I finally figured out my little bug. For some reason the windows installer and SP2 don't like each on my system. Had to uninstall SP2, install the program I wanted, and reinstall SP2.
(insert Mircosoft joke here..)