Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Monthly mileage report

Psychologically, for me, the beginning of March is the 'light at the end of tunnel.' I know it's early, but winter will not be around too much longer. Let me just take this opportunity to say: 'yea!'

Before I get to the mileage report, here is what I did today: run 8.5 km - did my first hill repeats. Just did 2 sets as I'll ease into these nice and slow. I'll have to take picture of the hill I run up and down - just so you can share in my pain. :) I also logged 1.5 hrs on the trainer and did 30 minutes of weights. An excellent day.

Here's the mileage report for the month of Feb:
Run: 184 km
Spin: 19hrs 45 min
Swim: 13.7 km
Dryland: 8.5 hrs
I'm happy with the month, my base is coming along nicely and I'm starting to feel 'in shape.' The plan for the month of March is to maintain same training ratio amongst the sports, with a focus on running. The end of March brings my first 'training camp.' More on this later.

2 comments:

Cliff said...

Darren, I notice from your weekly run that yours is about the same as mine. I am just curious as to how u break them up.

I do one long run (2 hrs about 18-20 km). Then I have two runs where I focus on my form (90 steps/min). Those are about 6-8 km.

I have recently change one of those runs into a hill run.

Darren said...

Hi Cliff,
Last week was a recovery week, so I did not do any hills or tempo runs.
The 'run' plan for the next month is as follows:
tues: hills
wed: easy run
thurs: tempo
fri: easy run - slightly longer.
Sun: long run.
By the end of March, weekly mileage should be ~70k. cheers.