Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Kept my promise

Well I promised I was only going to work on one sport today and I did. The goal for today's swim to maintain aerobic intensity. I must get into my head to swim slow.
The biggest lesson I learned in Ironman Lake Placid was that if you swim too fast, there are going to be consequences down the road. I banged off a 52min swim and thought I was going slow. Well I didn't go nearly slow enough, because of the swim, I had a very sub par bike and even crappier run. That 52 min swim, messed up my nutrition and once that goes, trust me, you are in for a world of hurt.
Back to today's workout:
1000m warm-up
6X400 each one came in at 6min. Took 1 min rest between sets.
100pull, 50kick X4. Drill work.
100 cool down
Total 4100m
A good workout and I didn't go over lactic threshold once. It's all about sticking to the plan. Cheers.

No comments: