Friday, February 17, 2006

Fantastic Friday!

BIG news..remember awhile back I mentioned that I requested sponsorship from my employer? Well, I put togethor a package and submitted it. Over the last few weeks, I've been checking the mail and the answering machine, waiting for that elusive yea or nay..
So after work today, I check the messages on the machine and lo' and behold, there is a message from Canada Post. The bottom line: they've agreed to sponsor me! Sweet news indeed. This year is going to be particularly expensive and having a sponsor on board is really appreciated.
Honestly, now it feels kinda funny. Having a large corporation giving you a donation is paramount to saying 'we believe in you.' I just hope I can live up to their and my own expectations.

As for training, today I bundled up, put on the ice cleats and ran 11k into the wind. Yea the weather sucks, but I missed 1 run this week and I sure the heck wasn't going to miss another. I followed up that run with a good stretch and a core workout.
On tap for the weekend is a 2+hr aerobic spin session and a ~21k run. Have a GREAT weekend!

1 comment:

Reddog said...

Gratz bro. If anyone can live up to the Corp's expectations it is you! ;)

Cheers, Reddog