Thursday, August 03, 2006

115F, EZ(er) Wed, lollygag Thurs.

Ok, it's official, Tuesday wasn't just hot, it was Africa hot. The thermometer on the back porch read 36C, but the humidity was stifling, adding another 10C to the 'humidex'. Yea, that's right it felt like 46C /115F. Whimper. I can deal with the heat and humidity, just hydrate well and dial down the intensity, but when you throw smog in the equation... let's just say instead of the 100k bike ride I had planned I ended up doing 3 hours on the trainer.. in the air conditioning. :) Three hours on the trainer is a tough workout, easily worth the 100k I wanted for the bike. Done deal.

Yesterday I did an easy 11k trail run and a 3.7k swim. The swim set was: 3(3X400) pull, moderate effort, hard effort. The hard ones were 5:15's. They felt strong, but I should have been faster. Cooldown was 100 easy.

For today, I'm in between workouts. I'm sort of dreading my second workout because it's raining out with a chance of thundershowers and I have a bike workout planned. Sigh, trainer time.... again. My first workout today was a 15k run with 10 hill repeats. The legs were lethargic and I had real trouble hitting my usual time goal, so to punish my legs for acting up like that, I gave them 15 sec less rest for the last 4 repeats. There. That'll learn em. Naturally, those last 4 were more inline with my regular times. Go figure, I give them less rest, THEN they perform.

Sigh, I guess I should go hop on the trainer now, can't really put it off much longer. I think I'll go do 2 hours of time trial work. Running hill work + cycling time trial = good sleep tonight. Cya.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very cool design! Useful information. Go on!
» »

Anonymous said...

This is very interesting site... »