Thursday, August 10, 2006

13:10, Brick Thursday.

Not a heck of a lot to report, all is still going according to plan. At the end of this week, I'll have reduced 'leg miles', by 25% over last week. Swim miles will be up this week, but come next week all 3 sports go into hardcore taper mode. Here's the mileage report to yesterday and today:

Wednesday's workouts:
Run: 11k (trails)
Swim: 3,000m. 1k warmup, 1k time trial, 1k of drills. The 1k time trial came in at 13:10 for a 1:19/m pace. This tells me a couple of things: 1) my 400m 'hard' sets are not hard enough. I maintain the same pace (1:19/100m) during a 400m 'hard effort'. Should be faster. 2) my swimming endurance has improved. I was winded after the 1k time trial, but not blown out.

Today was brick day. A 75k hilly ride followed by a 7.5k run. Physically felt strong, but mentally was not 100% 'into it'. Lol, taper is already messing with my head. :) Cheers.

No comments: