Monday, August 28, 2006

Quick and dirty IRON update

I'm back at home at the folks house, just chilling and relaxing. Already had a big bag of Lay's potato chips. (only my second bag in 8 months!) I'm not too sore, just more tired than anything. So all in all, I'm feeling pretty good. Here is the quick and dirty IMC 2006 update:

swim: nailed it. Wanted 56:00, swam it in 56. Nice and easy, pacing was spot on.

bike: 5:31. Very solid. Small bummer about the bike was when I hit the top of Richter's Pass, I had a very bad tire puncture, totally tore the casing on my front my tire. I was S.O.L., but a tech van was fairly close and they got me up and rolling with a new tire. Cost me a good 12 - 15 min.

run: 4:2? Yup. Still my nemesis. It was hot. It was hilly. It was windy. Settled into a comfortable pace for the first 10 miles, then slowly faded from there. Legs just got heavier and heavier. Had to slow due to tummy issues numerous times. Hey if it was easy, they'd call it FluffyMan or something. :)

That's it for now, I'll get a more extensive race report up later in the week - as for now, I think there is glass of wine nearby with my name on. :) Cheers!

3 comments:

Cliff said...

Enjoy the wine, you definitely earned it.

From Gordo's report, it was a very hot day to go on the run....

Crackhead said...

Congrats, Darren!

Drink up and rest up!

Reddog said...

Fluffy Man!!! I'm there! Heck I'd win that!

Way to go bro sux bout the tire but still a hell of a ride! er, ride, swim and run ;)

ArrOOoo...