Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Tuesday weigh in

Ok, so I missed yesterday's weigh in, however it was an off day - so I decided to take the day off blogging too. :) Actually yesterday was pretty sweet off day, Sally and I both had the day off work and we both took advantage of it by being lazy bums.

The stats for last week:
Run:59.5k
Bike: 150k
Spin: 5 hrs
Swim: 9.7k
Dryland: 1.5hr
Weight: 158
About the only thing of note was the spike in spinning time. Due to weather I had to do two bike sessions on the trainer. I'd equate 5hrs of spinning to the rough equivalent of 160k of road work.
Everything else is pretty solid, run and swim k's are good and weight has seem to settle in at 158.

This is my first week of tapering. The plan is start decreasing the 'leg mileage' and add an extra swim session. I recover fast from swimming and I just want to tweak the swim mileage a bit. If you've noticed I upped the overall swim mileage over the last 8 weeks, the theory being, this will put me in a better physical state for the bike. I've already done all my big bike and run mileage and I can't absorb any more fitness in those departments, however I do feel I'll benefit from a few extra swim k's even though I'm tapering. That's my theory.

So that being said, I did a nice 4.9k workout in the pool today. My current favorite long distance set:
4X400, 2(4X200), 4(4X100). Each set of 4 was 1 pull followed by 3 descending. Oh yea, and 100 cooldown.
Afterwards I did 60k on the bike. See? Only 60k - I really am tapering! Cheers.