Monday, August 14, 2006

Monday weigh in

The 'official' leg taper began last week, here's the mileage report:
Run: 46.5k
Bike: 230k
Swim: 13.5k
Dryland: 1.5 hrs
Weight: 160

I've adopted what I call a 'staggered taper'. The theory is that since running punishes the body the most, I need to recover the longest for that particular sport. My running miles have slowly been decreasing for the last 2 weeks and last week's decrease was ~25%.
I had a big cycle week 2 weeks ago and overall mileage since the big week has been cut in half.
The swim taper is now officially started. I did an extra swim session last week, but this week the swim mileage will be cut in half. So mileage totals for the coming week should be something like this: run: 30-35k bike:180k swim: 7k
My weight jumped 2 pounds? I find it hard to believe I gained 2 pounds in just one week of tapering. I'm not sure if that's an anomoly or what. Some weight gain is to be expected as I'm reducing the workout load but still eating like a pig. :)

Still no race number yet...

1 comment:

Cliff said...

Darren,

Last time before 1/2 Peterborough, I've gained 5 lbs. I don't feel it but i suspect it has to do with over eating.

This time around for taper, i am going to reduce my consumption.