Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Will power > lethargy

Ug. Feeling very lethargic today. Went to the pool for a my last scheduled 4k swim, did 3k and called it. (2k straight, 1k drills). Later I did a short 7k run and it took a supreme amount of effort to get my sorry ass out the door. Well at least I didn't bail. Phew.

I figure a good night sleep will set me straight. My problem is that's it harder for me to sleep due to reduced training volumes, so now when I go to bed I keep going through race scenarios and questioning my season's master training plan. Intellectually, I know there is nothing I can do now, I truly believe I trained better and smarter this year and I know I'm ready. I just can't help questioning all the prep work.
Back to basics:
-race smart
-pace well
-follow nutrition plan
-the race will take care of itself.

1 comment:

Cliff said...

Do u have problem waking up at night? I have that sometimes. Especially during taper.

U still wanna go for a short bike ride this Sat? let me know.