Monday, July 31, 2006

Monthy & weekly mileage report.

The last 7 months have gone pretty much according to plan. I wanted to do at least 1 more big bike week in July, but the Peterborough half Ironman ended up taking precedence. This was a tactical decision that actually paid off. It was in Peterborough that I really started to understand the feel of a race, the nutrition and pacing components. So in hindsight, doing that race was probably the best decision I've made all year. Here are the July numbers:
Run: 206.5k
Bike: 1389k
Swim: 41.6k
Dryland 7 hrs
Mileage wise, a pretty good month considering there were 2 easy weeks sandwhiched before and after Peterborough.

Here is the breakdown for last week:
Run: 63k
Bike: 446k
Swim: 5k
Dryland 1.5k
Weight 158
Last week was a hard week. I had to nuke a swim session to get the extra bike time in and I ended up doing those 446k in 4 days. I would have thought my legs were going to be fried, but you know what? They held up pretty good and I was still able to get some decent run mileage in. A good week.

Today is my off day, I went to the pool and did an easy 2.6k and that's it. Slacked off, read my book and listened to tunes for the remainder of the day. I like Mondays.

No comments: