Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Sometimes it's tough to 'dial it down'. This is a moderate week, with the idea of building into to the next two weeks, which will be in the 'hard' category. Note to self, stick to the plan.

Yesterday, I did 90k on the bike. This was my hilly ride, 3 tough climbs and multiple rollers. I entertained going for run afterwards, but had to remind myself to reign it in.

Today, I did a 11k trail run. My second workout was a 10 X 400m on 5:45 set at the pool. My swim has come up a notch, each 400m was consistently around the 5:30 mark. By about the 7th one, I was really starting to feel it, but I toughed it out and got it done. This was a harder than Ironman effort and I must remind myself to dial down the intensity at IMC. The goal for the swim at IMC is to get to the bike while expending the least amount calories as possible. I certainly don't want a repeat of what I did last year at IMLP!

No comments: