Saturday, July 15, 2006

Weekend update..


I scored a new wetsuit! I picked up an Orca Pflex through Ebay and it arrived yesterday. It's sweeet. Perhaps I'll model it for you. :) Now I just have to find a local lake to get some open water swimming in..
Yesterday I got a decent 3.8k swim in. I was pretty happy with that because the pool was actually crowded for a change and they only give us an hour. My second workout yesterday was to stack a half bush cord of wood. This took much longer than anticipated and I had to blow off my easy run. It's OK, I'm allowed, after all it is an easy week.

Today was long ride day. Had 100k on the schedule, but did 120k. It was a fairly flat course I road today, about the only item of note was the wind. One of the strongest headwinds I've experienced this year. However on the way back it was also one of the strongest tailwinds I've experienced this year. Grin. The last 50k, I averaged 40kph! Zoom Zoom Zoom. Did the whole ride in sub 3:40, way too fast for an easy day, but I just felt good so I went with it.

Tomorrow is the day that will tell me how well recovered I am from Peterborough. It's long run day. However, I'm only running for 90 minutes tomorrow, so it won't be too bad. Hope everyone is having a great weekend. Cheers.

2 comments:

Cliff said...

Darren,

Congrats on the wetsuit...now u will be zooming in the water.

as for the headwind, are you sure we haven't face anything harder when we ride earlier this year?

I rode in it as well. Biked with my friend up to Brampton and back. Took us 40 min to go up. 10 min to come back :). Love that tailwind.

Darren said...

Hehe, it was defineately in the top 3 headwinds for the year.

The tailwind on the way back was sweet. All the speed of a pro, yet half the effort! :)