Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Update on the fly..

Hey everyone... just a quickie update. I'm in the midst of computer trouble shooting and progress is slow.

On the training front:
Tuesday: swim: ~5.5k It was a long swim and then it got crowded and I was losing count. I wanted 6k, but with all the distractions, I'm only logging 5.5k. Which is still alot of frikin laps.
Bike: 47k. Hilly and windy were the themes of the day. A good hard effort and still managed just over 32kph. Funny story: During my ride I actually got stuck behind a car. You know the type, nervous, tapping their breaks every 2 seconds and literally having trouble breaking the 30kph barrier. After a few K of this, I pulled up beside the driver and said: 'either speed up or pull over!' I passed the car, glanced back and he pulled over. :) That was a first for me, actually passing a car... on my BIKE.

Today: Run: 10.5k Did 3X1k at race pace, the rest of the run was at a steady pace.
Swim: 3.4k: 4X400m descending. 2X(4X200) descending. Not a bad set considering the arms were pooched from yesterday's swim.

Plan for the rest of the week:
Thurs: bike. Fri: short run and swim. Sat: stretch. Sun: race.

Hopefully I can my computer back to some sort of normalacy, if not, I'll be looking at the dreaded reformat. Grrr...

2 comments:

Reddog said...

Passing cars!?! You iz fass!

Well isn't it reformat time anyway?

Sometimes in life ya just gotta do it!

ArrOOoo!

Cliff said...

Oh comp trouble.

:)

Are u using Peterborough as a training or more race focus? Either way..see u there.

Good car story :)