Monday, February 20, 2006

Monday weigh in

Week number 7 is down for the count. Here's the mileage report:
Run: 50.5 km
Spin: 5:15 hrs
Swim: 3.6 km
Dryland: 2 hrs
Weight: 164
Just missed my running mileage goal by a whisker, but made up for with some extra spinning time. My weight actually fluctuated from a low of 162 to a high of 165 - so I went high and I'm calling it 164. Either way, the ol belt has come out.
The upcoming week is an 'easy' week, which will bring my second 'cycle' to a close. A 'cycle' is a 4 week block - weeks 1 to 3 are progressively tougher and week 4 is a 'recovery' week. Recovery is so important as that is the time your body becomes stronger. So for this week, the plan is to just run 3 times for a total of ~35km, spin for 4 hrs, maintain swim distance and regular core/weight routine. If I go really crazy, I may even throw in an extra rest day. Let the wackiness ensue.

3 comments:

Cliff said...

Rest day? That's insane :)

Do you notice physicall that you gain weight?? My body sometimes goes up by 2-3 lbs..but i never feel it.

Reddog said...

Day 2 is over and whew I am tired ;)

Reddog

Darren said...

Cliff,
The overall weight trend is downward. However, I find it does fluctuate 2 or 3 pounds over the course of the week. I'd like to hit 158-ish for the summer.
Reddog, you know the routine, start and slow and build. No injuries! Capiche?