Sunday, February 26, 2006

Weekend Update

One of the things that Sally and I really enjoy is sleeping in on weekends. It's not uncommon for us to hit the 10 hr mark. :) It's a guilty pleasure, but there is the added benefit of getting fully recovered from the week's workouts.
On Saturday I hopped on the trainer for 2.5 hours and watched the Olympics. I watched the mens 15k biathlon, now those guys have some serious aerobic engines. I watched Cindy Klassen capture her fifth Olympic medal, along with the gold medal performance of Clara Hughes. The 4 man bobled came in 4th - I believe that was our 11th fourth place finish..
It was a great motivator and the spin session flew by. Canada's showing certainly made me proud.

Today, I strapped on my Garmin Forerunner and did my run. (it's a little GPS gadget that straps on your wrist and gives you speed, distance covered etc..) I have not been using the Forerunner as I still want to keep my pacing down and not be running against the clock. However, I wanted to verify my route length, so today I used it. I ran for 1hr 51 min. The first hour was slow, only covered a mere 11k, I picked it up a bit for the second half the run and eventually got it to my regular long pace of 5min/ km. The total was just a tad over 21k. This was the same route I did last week, which I thought was 22k - so I guess I should adjust my internal odometer a bit. Cheers.

No comments: