Sunday, April 16, 2006

Easter update

So far, it's been a great long weekend and the bonus is, on Monday, not only do I not have to work, its' also a scheduled off day. I think every weekend, should be 4 days off instead of the standard 2..
I see I haven't updated since Thursday, so here's a quick mileage report of the last few days. Friday was an easy run day of 11k. Did some strides and a couple short sprints. On Saturday I did 3 hours of 'Tough Love' with coach Troy. This is my 3rd of 6 sessions I've planned to do with that particular dvd. This one involves lots of standing/hill work and gives my legs a really good workout. After the spin session, I did a short 4.5k run.

Today was long run day and even though I had a hard spin session yesterday, the legs weren't too bad. I guess that shows they are adapting to the stresses I'm putting on them. I had 25k planned, which is a little less than usual, but I brought the mileage down a few k's for three reasons: 1) this is highest run mileage week of the season so far. 2) I have another high mileage running week ahead. 3) We have company coming over and I don't want to be too tired for the festivities. :)
Pacing for the run went as follows: first 10k @ 5:05 /km - a tad slow but I had a pee break, a pebble in my shoe, and had to adjust my mp3 player... twice! :) The next 10k is quite hilly but I was able to bring the pace down to 5:00 /km. The last 5.5k I was feeling good and the tunes were rocking so I brought the pace down again to 4:44/km.
That's all for now, see you tomorrow for Monday's weigh in. (looks promising, I think I shaved another pound. :) Cheers.

2 comments:

Cliff said...

Darren,

Geez. Those Coach Troy sessions sound brutal.

Just checking your schedule...i will be doing Belwood and Muskoka as well.

Definitely going ot see you there :)

Darren said...

Ya, I'm really trying to love my trainer. :) I find these sessions can really be effective.. so I'm logging decent trainer time. I even plan on using it for sprint work through the summer.

I can't wait to race - it will be here before you know it!