Monday, April 17, 2006

Monday weigh in

It's always good when you accomplish your goals for the week. Last week was actually week number 15, I think I mentioned earlier it was week 14, but I just double checked and it's actually 15. I can't believe 15 weeks have already past buy. I find when I really start to focus in on something, the time just flies. Ok, so here are the totals for week 15:
Run: 73.5k
Bike: 60k
Spin: 4hrs
Swim: 4.6k
Dryland: 1 hr
Weight: 163
A couple things to note: I ran 6 times last week and 73.5k is my highest mileage to date. I'm glad the body is adapting well to the running stress I'm putting on it - I plan on adding more running miles in the weeks to come. Bike and swim are good. I want to start adding some more bike mileage, but must keep reminding myself of the 'plan' - which is to still focus on running. Must keep reminding myself to stick to the plan.
As for weight, I'm a light 163. The increased running frequency is slowly changing my body composition (which I want). I'm trying to trade a couple pounds of fat for lean muscle. Seems like a fair deal, ya?

Next week, I'll be running 6 times again with expected mileage closing in on 80k. I'd like to bring saddle time up to 7hrs and maintain swimming mileage. Cheers.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sweet totals D! Thanks for your email on the running....long run on Sunday was 16 and felt great, enough to run ten yesterday too but I know my body is repairing and I refuse to push myself into injury AGAIN! Total for last week was 65 over 6 days....looking at Boston results just makes you wonder how they run that fast for that long. I will qualify for Boston, just not sure when. T minus 216 hours.......

Darren said...

Bro, I seriously believe you have natural running talent. Now you just have to build the endurance, that can take awhile. There is NO doubt in mind you'll qualify for Boston, if you focus, next year is a defineate possibility. Lots of consistent miles - build that engine.