Saturday, April 22, 2006

Weekend update

So Lance Armstrong is doing the New York City marathon. Good on him. Personally, I'm hoping this is one step towards him doing an Ironman. It would be great for him to come back to his triathlon roots and compete in Kona. For those that don't know, Kona is in Hawaii and is the site of the world Ironman Championship. In order to qualify for Kona, not only do you have to complete an Ironman, you have to qualify. Due to the increasing popularity of the sport the qualifying times are getting progressively more difficult. It sounds perverse, you put yourself through absolute hell and if you are really good at it, you get to qualify and do it again! Hmm.. perhaps I should make this a goal of mine... grin.

Here is the workout update. Yesterday was an easier day, I did a 10k easy run followed by a core workout and upper body weights. Today was 3 hours on the spinner to coach Troy's Tough Love dvd; I immediately followed that up with a short 4.5k run. The plan f0r tomorrow is a ~30k run, I hope the legs can hold out. I'm starting to close in on 80k of running for the week, which is somewhat of a milestone. The good news is that next week is a super easy week. Next weekend marks the halfway point to Ironman Canada and I plan and doing sweet F.A. Got to get fully rested up for May, June and July because they will be hard.

1 comment:

Peter Lawson said...

I'd love to see Lance go back to his Tri roots too. I wonder if he's thought about doing an IM? :)

Great week of running mate, congrats on the training!

cheers :)