Thursday, April 13, 2006

The running man

As most of you who have been following me for the last few months know, I've been running focused and plan on staying that way for another month. I've been upping my running frequency, endurance and added hill training and tempo runs, all in the hopes of becoming a 'real' runner.
This week and next week I'll be running 12 times. Somewhat of record for me, but I'm in my 14th week of training so I should be able to handle the increased load. Don't worry I haven't forgot about the other 2 sports, I just don't need to do them 6 days week. Phew.

Today was tempo run Thursday. I did a 3.5k warmup, then ran 2k hard, 1 k easy, repeated that 3 times and did an easy cooldown run home. My first 2k was at a 4:05/km pace and the next two sets were 3:55/km and 3:52/km respectively. Total run was just over 13k.
My second workout was an hour on the trainer, did some big gear work, some steady state work and some cadence work. Afterwards I spent 30 minutes doing weights.
That's it, I'm off to bed and I totally plan on sleeping in as much as my body will let me. Damn, I love long weekends!

No comments: