Thursday, April 20, 2006

Pooched

My go hard days are Tuesday, Thursday and the weekend. Tuesday is hill work for running, plus a bike workout and if I'm feeling spunky I'll do some weights too. Thursday is running speed work, plus a bike workout. The weekend is pretty much dedicated to 'going long' - endurance work.
Yesterday, was an easy day. Here is what I did:
Run: 9k easy
Swim: 4000m
Ok, so swimming 4k may not be easy but it does give my legs a break. Actually, I was going to swim more, but at the 3k mark I was so hungry I only managed an extra 1k and called it quits, went home and stuffed my face. Here is the swimming set:
1000 warmup
4X600m on 9:30
500m drill work
100 cool down
Today was a hard day and yes, I'm pooched. My total run was 14k and sandwiched in the middle of that run was my tempo pace intervals. They consisted of 2k @ 3:52/km, 1k easy, 3k @ 3:55/km, 1k easy and 2k @ 3:53/km. It was a tough set. I was starting to think I may not make my goal pace of sub 4 min /kms on the last set, but I just told myself to relax and focused on cadence, lo and behold it wasn't an issue.
My 2nd workout today was a nice 64k bike ride in beautiful 24 degree weather. Naturally, I further pooched myself by doing some hill work. :)
Fortuneately, tomorrow is easy day Friday. Cheers.

No comments: