Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Inaugural ride

Well it would appear that switching shoes did the trick. I did hill repeats in my new Saucony's and my ankle seemed just fine. It was perfect weather and I really wanted to stoke the engine and just run. However, the plan was hill repeats, and I have to stick with the plan. End result was 11.5k with 6 hill repeats - it felt great.

Yes I did it. I finally got my new bike on the road. I figure it's 20 degrees out, there is hardly any dirt and salt the road, there is NO excuse to not ride on a day like this. So I took my bike on a 60k jaunt around Caledon. It was sweet, it was fast and it was fun. Could you ask for anything more? At one point I hit 70km/h, I think with the right hill I could get that sucker well into the 90's. Muahahaha. Not a bad inaugural ride.

2 comments:

Reddog said...

70k?!?

You iz crazee!

ArrOOoo, Reddog

Cliff said...

70 kph? Were u passing cars? :D