Friday, June 23, 2006

Feelin' Fine Friday

I'm feeling pretty much recovered from last Sunday's race. I know this is suppose to be a fairly easy week, but the weather for the weekend is looking good, I'm feeling pretty good, it's Friday, I already have run 11.5k (trails) and I'm about to hit the pool.... perhaps another Ironman-in-a-weekend?? I'm not saying it's going to happen, but the cards are falling in place.

Yesterday I did 90k on the bike. I went looking for some new territory and found a nice 20k flat section road. I usually do a fair bit of hill riding, so this was something a bit different. The beautiful thing about this stretch of road was that only ONE car passed me for the whole 20k stretch. So as I'm cruising along, passing farms, saying 'Hi' to the cows and rescueing the odd tortoise/turtle crossing the road, I see these massive wind turbines off in the distance. Very impressive. I don't why, but they filled me with wonder. It just seemed so cool, these huge structures, spinning away, generating clean power for the community. Hmm.. a municipality that is actually taking responsibility - I suppose that's the reason why I was awestruck. A single person that takes responsibility for their actions is pretty damned cool, but seeing a whole community do it is downright awesome.

I'm off to do 4k in the pool. Have great weekend!

No comments: