Sunday, June 04, 2006

Ironman weekend #1 .... done!

Me: Ok you two, listen up, you got roughly 6 hours of work to do today, I want you to suck it up and just deal with it. I'll tell you what, you get through today, I won't make you do this again for awhile. Deal?
LL (left leg): damnit, aren't you ever happy? We gave you a pretty good long run yesterday...
RL (right leg): yea! You tell him lefty!
Me: That's it, no more lip from either on one of ya.. or I'll make you climb the ski hill.. twice!
RL: hey Lefty, we better shut up... he's just crazy enough to do that.
Me (quiet to myself): how am I ever going to get through this ride. It's windy, it's hilly and frankly, I don't want to play anymore.
LL: I should start acting up.. maybe he'll take a short cut home...
RL: Yea! Oh wait better not, remember last time when I made the ball of his foot hurt? He made us run afterward!
LL: eep.. ya forgot about that, man that sucked.
Me: Quiet you two! Keep pumping!

And that's how my day went. 182k... done and my first Ironman in a weekend is down for the count. I'm feeling a little like:



I'm off to go refuel the engine and spend some quality with my number 1 supporter.
Cheers!

3 comments:

Cliff said...

Ski hill? Hockley? Did you climb Mclaren and Melsville as well :)

I did DVP ride today. Nothing heavy. Just low HR, high cadence griding my way up.

I had afternoon ride wtih some friends. Social ride...yeah that ride busted my legs.

Dr. Iron TriFeist :) said...

HA! For some reason, the toast photo made me laugh. Great training weekend.

Anonymous said...

Interesting website with a lot of resources and detailed explanations.
»