Saturday, June 03, 2006

Weekend update

Woke up this morning, checked the forecast, yuk, thundershowers. But I looked outside, it didn't look so bad... hmm what to do, what to do. Procrastinate some more, eat some food, drink liquids, I'm going to something epic, just not sure what. Ok, maybe not epic, but the plan is to do a big weekend. The forecast for Sunday looks better, I think I'll switch my long run and long ride - be flexible. The idea of cycling in thundershowers for 6 hours just wasn't appealing. So, I did my long run.
Today's long run was just under 30k. A nice steady 30k jaunt, with the last 10k being the fastest. The first 10k was a little bit faster than usual (48min), so I knew the last 10k would be nice and tough. (it was) At the 25k, mark there are few rather brutal hills, which made it tougher, but I was able to make the last 10k faster than my first 10k, so mission accomplished. A good, hard, tough run.

Here are Friday's workouts:
Trail run: ~11.5k
Swim: 5k. Check out this set: 50X100 @1:35 Each one came in on 1:24 or 1:25, excpept for the last 10 which were 1:25 or 1:26. The arms were getting a little tired by the end. Bad ass set though. :)

So, if I get a good 180k ride tomorrow, I'll have my first Ironman weekend done. Stay tuned..

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice colors. Keep up the good work. thnx!
»