Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Holy crap, I'm flying

Ever have one of those days, when your mojo just seems to gel? I had one of those workouts today. It was a brick workout with the primary goal of simulating an upcoming race. I wanted a hard/fast bike to build up some lactic acid in the legs, a quick transition and a run afterwards. I got what I wanted.
I was smoking on the bike, h0t damn it felt good. I was climbing like a goat and was a bullet on the straight-a-ways. Totally in the zone - yea that's the shizzle.
After 77k, I did a quick transition and put on my racing shoes for a 7.5k run. I went sockless for this run - wanted to see if the feet could handle it. I did have some blistering occur, so it looks like I'll have to waste 20 seconds in the transition to put socks on. :) Other than that, the run was aces. Relaxed. Good cadence. Felt strong. I think in another year or two, I'll actually be able to call myself a runner!
Gotta go, bedtime!

2 comments:

TriZilla said...

Hey Darren,

I saw your (great) comment on Sheila's blog and I zoomed over.

Nice Brick! You'll make that 20 seconds up on the course when your feet are happy. :)

Darren said...

Hey! Thanks for the comment... about my comment! :)