Thursday, June 01, 2006

Monthly totals

Want to read a good race report? Sheila competed in last week's IM Brazil... sick. Yes, I said sick. She got some bug a couple of days before the race and still managed to get through an Ironman. That's tough. Big kudos to her. Check her blog and report here.

Yesterday we had nasty thunderstorms and tornado warnings, so I had to bail on my long swim. The reason? My dogs were terrified and I could not in good concious leave them be. So instead, we hung out togethor, I did an hour of spinning followed by weights and core work. Earlier in the day I did an 11k run. Even though me and the pooches were hunkered down, I did manage some decent workouts.

However, today is another matter. Tuesdays and Thursdays are my hard days and since I did two workouts on Wednesday that primarily focused on the legs, today's hard workout was just not going to happen. The plan was to do some running hill work, rest for a bit, then get on the bike for some time trial work. Well I did manage the hill work, but I could tell right off that legs weren't up to par. It was a real struggle. I managed 8 repeats and the total run was 13k. As for the bike workout, I bailed. Yup, not too often I can say that. I do have a large weekend planned, so the extra rest will do me good.

Here are the totals for month number 5. Jeez, can't believe it's 5 months since I officially started training. Time flies.
Run: 237.5k
Bike: 600k
Spin: 10hr 45min
Swim: 30.8k
Dryland: 6hrs

A pretty solid month, decent mileage, a race, I'm healthy and life is good. I have nothing to bitch about.

3 comments:

Cliff said...

Darren,

Do you do any open water swim? In the pool, i am very comfy. It is getting in the lake with a wetsuit on. After a few strokes, it felt like i have nothing in my arms to give.

Cliff said...

Glad to see the training going well..can't wait until Muskoka...3 weeks and i need to get use to swimming open water for 2 km :)

Anonymous said...

This site is one of the best I have ever seen, wish I had one like this.
»