Sunday, June 25, 2006

Ironman-in-a-weekend. Part 2.

Hehe.. I didn't really plan on logging serious distance it just.. umm... sorta happened. The weather was perfect, I had nothing on the agenda except hang with Sal, the pooches and train. What a great weekend. Here's the low down:
Fri: run 11.5k (trails)
swim: 4k. (10X400m on 6:00) Great set, felt strong.
Sat: Bike 187k A fairly flat route, legs started to get cranky at the 5 hr mark. Finished in 5:50 for an average speed of 32.1 kph. If you're interested, here's the route.
Sun: Run 29k. Thought I was on my 30k route, but the Garmin only registered 29k.. jypped myself a kilometer. Last 5k was tough, total time was 2:28.

The astute will notice that technically I didn't quite make the running portion. A marathon is 42.2k I only managed 40.5k. I figure the extra 7k on the bike and the extra 200m on the swim makes up for the lack of running k's. (plus I walk 10-12k for work). So as far as I'm concerned it's a wash. :)

One of these days, I'm going to attempt to put into words why I do this - explain 'it'. In the meantime, please take a few minutes and read Thursday's post by Sheila. She does a pretty damned good job explaining 'it' - or as she puts 'The Drive'. Enjoy.

2 comments:

Crackhead said...

Nice weekend. I will spot you the extra "k" if it makes you feel better :)

And remember, you can't get "it" on eBay. EVER!

Cliff said...

Better question is why not :)

Geez, u put in some killer mileage for the weekend. Fun stuff :)