Monday, May 01, 2006

Back in the saddle, monthly totals and more!

Officially, my mini-hiatus is over. Last week was dedicated to resting, not thinking about triathlon, getting perspective and tweaking the 'plan'. I did get a couple of workouts in, just so that I don't lose any fitness and now I'm ready for the big push. So in a way, May 1 is chapter two in my little journey.

Chapter one was from Jan 1 to April 30 and was running focused with a good chunk of spinning time and very little swimming. In the coming weeks, I'll be doing more biking, while trying to maintain some good running kilometers. I'll also be adding an extra weekly swim session.

I have a race in less than 2 weeks, so the above formula won't become fully in effect until the end of the month. The short term, 2 week plan, is to focus on running, add some extra bike sessions, then take it easy for a day or two before the Mississagua half marathon. That race is a "B" race, so although I'll be going hard, I will not do a full taper for it.

Here are the totals for the month of April:
Run: 223.5 km
Spin: 16.5 hrs
Bike: 124 km
Swim 8.6 km
So although I may not be happy with the totals, it's not really that bad considering I had a week of forced rest.

Lastly, Monday is always a rest day. I usually take the day off to catch up on chores etc.. But since last week was so easy and since today is the beginning of chapter two I had to do something. So, 65 biking kms go in the books followed by my routine of upper body weights, stretching and core work.
Ok, I think you are up to date now.. cheers! :)

No comments: